Devil Halloween Costumes
The origin of the Halloween lies in the Celtic festival of Samhain. Celtics believed that in the month of the October, the devils and dead souls are active and try to harm the living beings. Living beings fool the devils by wearing the devilish costumes. People wear these costumes so that the devils believe that these beings are like them. However, as a tradition people started wearing the devil's costumes during Halloween.
If you are creative enough, go ahead, and design the devil's costume at home. Otherwise you can order variety of devil costumes online.
Tips of Devil Halloween Costumes
Some of the devil costume ideas have been illustrated below. Some of the costume accessories that are required for the devil's costumes have been described.
Devil Costume Tail
- Take a red fabric 2 feet long and 3 inches wide to make the tail
- Lay the red fabric on the floor and stuff it with cotton
- Fold and sew the stuffed red fabric to form a shape of tail
- Take another red fabric of the size of your palm
- Cut the red fabric into a triangular shape
- Attach or sew the triangular red fabric to the above red tail
- A pointed devil's tail is ready to attach to the dress.
- Take a red satin fabric that measures your height
- Cut the fabric narrow at the top so that it fits round your neck
- Keep the fabric free flowing downwards up to your knees
- Attach a ribbon to the fabric so that you can tie the cape round the neck
- Your cape is ready to drape over your black or red suit.
Devils Pitch Fork
- Take an old broomstick from your house trash
- Take only the handle of the broomstick
- Remove the brooms and take the bottom stick
- Paint the stick with red color and let it dry
- Take three small pointed wooden sticks
- Paint the wooden sticks with red color
- Attach the wooden sticks perpendicular to the broom stick
- Place with parallel distance among them on the top of the broomstick
- You can hold this pitchfork in your hand in the party and scare the party guests.
- Take a plastic headband and paint it red
- Take two pieces of red fabric and cut them in shape of horns
- Stuff the fabrics with cotton and sew them
- Attach the stuffed red fabrics as two horns to the headband
- Your headband with horns is ready to wear.
Women can wear black or red leotard (a tight fitting garment of stretchy material that covers the body from shoulders to the thighs) beneath the red cape. Ladies can wear tight black or red stretched pants.
Men can wear a tight black cotton shirt and a pair of black slacks beneath the red cape.
Online Devil Halloween Costumes
Some of the sample online devil costumes have been listed:
Bettie Page Costume
- It features a red strapless dress and a red tail
- The costume includes red horns and a headband.
The Devil in Miss Jones Costume
- It features a black jacket trimmed with red border on the chest
- It includes a red tail and headpiece with horns.