Halloween Snack Recipes
Snacks are a best way to keep you going on a bust day. During Halloween you tend to have too much work, therefore too little time to eat. So cook some snacks and stock up to fuel your work. Here are a few snack recipes that will entertain your family when busy working towards or after Halloween. Let us know some Halloween snack recipes.
Halloween Snack - Fruit and Nut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pitted and sniped dates
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, mix sugar, cranberries, dates, and eggs.
- Cook in medium low heat until the mixture thickens and is pale yellow in color
- With a kitchen thermometer measure the temperature, it should be 170 F
- (when a spoon is pulled through it, it should come out clear)
- This will take around 6 to 14 minutes, depending on the type of your stove.
- Remove from heat, stir in the pistachios, pecans, walnuts and rum extract.
- Let it stand for 45 minutes, until it is cool enough to handle.
- Slightly oil your hands and form approx. 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in coconut.
- Place each ball in a baking sheet that is lined with wax paper and refrigerate it.
Pumpkin pack Halloween snack
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds or purchased raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cups popped popcorn (about 1/4 cup unpopped)
- 1-1/2 cups candy corn, candy pumpkins, and/or candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- 1-1/2 cups pretzel knots or circles
- 3 cups bite-sized square cereal (any flavor, plain or sweetened)
- 1 cup corn nuts or lightly salted dry-roasted cashews
- On a bowl, mix pumpkin seeds, salt and oil. Let it coat well.
- In a baking pan (15 x 10 x 1 inch) spread a parchment paper.
- Leave it for a day or 2, stir occasionally.
- Now carefully remove the paper from baking pan
- Heat the oven to 350 F toast the seeds
- Now transfer them in a paper towel
- Dry them and bring them to room temperature
- In a bowl, mix pumpkin seeds, popcorn, cereal, pretzel knots, corn nuts and candy corn.
- Store it in an air tight container.
Note: you can use sun flower seeds instead of pumpkin seeds to omit roasting.
Halloween snack monster morsels
- 1/4 cup sugar or orange-colored sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 bread sticks
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- In a dish mix together sugar and spice.
- Unroll the bread sticks. Cut it into 1-inch pieces.
- Roll each piece in the sugar mixture.
- Place them on an un-greased baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes (the bottoms should be light brown)
- Serve warm.