Spooky Halloween Recipes
Hello!! Hello!! Halloween!!! The time of horrible looking food those are spooks' favorite. Some spooky Halloween recipes are listed here.
Spooky Halloween Snake
- 1 cup warm water (110 °F)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (0.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips (optional)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Take a stand mixer
- Boil some water and add it to the standard mixer bowl.
- Now dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Sprinkle the yeast on the water. Wait till it becomes a creamy foam.
- Stir in the salt, oil and 1/2 cup flour.
- Mix it on low, it forms a wet dough.
- Add in the rest of the flour (1/4 cup at a time)
- Knead till the dough is separated to the mixer's wall.
- Knead for another 3 to 5 minutes till the dough becomes soft and elastic.
- Take a large bowl, lightly oil the bowl.
- Place the dough on the bowl, turn to coat with oil.
- Now cover with a cloth and let it rise in a warm place. (80 to 95 °F)
- The dough has to double in volume (takes approx. 1 hour)
- In a large bowl mix mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan cheeses, pepperoni, parsley, Italian seasoning, olives, mushrooms, and green pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into a strip (9 x 30 inches) long.
- Add the filling mixture in the center of the dough. Leaving out about 1 inch each side to cover.
- Seam the filling.
- Now place the dough on the parchment paper in an 'S' shape.
- Beat an egg in a bowl. Brush the egg over the dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube red decorating gel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine butter, egg, sugar, vanilla and almond extract on a mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to mix, gradually adding flour, salt, baking powder, continually beating.
- Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F, lightly grease baking sheets.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator
- Scoop I heaped spoonful on a waxed paper.
- Use the waxed paper to roll it into thin fingers.
- Press an almond into one end of each cookie to give it a finger nail appearance.
- Squeeze cookie in the tip and in the middle to give the illusion of knuckles.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.