Scary Halloween Stories
Chilling stories and urban legends have been passed down to generations. People always find new stories to tell and retell old stories in a way that would give us a mild heart attack. Here are some scary, spooky stories and some urban legends that would leave you having nightmares for life. Dare to read on!! Let us know some scary Halloween stories.
Ghost stories are usually the scariest. You get scared, in a paranormal way. Ghost stories both old and new are very much liked in a weird way by all. It is said that the adrenalin level shoots up when we hear a scary story.
There are different types of ghost stories:
- Poltergeist stories
- Haunting stories
- 'Processed' ghost stories
- Graveyard ghost stories
- Harmless ghost stories
- The three knocks
- Rob and his mom were going to Uncle Jack's house to spend the weekend. Rob loved Uncle jack. He was fun and had lots of fun stories to tell.
- Rob, uncle jack and rob's mother had dinner and sat near the fire place to chat.
- "Tell me a story!!" demanded rob.
- "Alright, but this is not a story, it happens every day in this house" said uncle rob.
- "Tell me!! Tell me!!"
- "Alright!! Every day, right at mid-night, a ghost comes and knocks at the bed room door 3 times. I never open it. In the morning when I check, the doors and the windows are tightly shut. Spooky huh!!"
- Rob and his mother laughed, laughed and continued to laugh.
- "Laugh all you want!! Its true" said Uncle.
- They laughed more.
- That night uncle jack was going to his friend chandler's house to play poker.
- "Don't wait up, he's a very close friend. I will be late" he said.
- Rob and his mother had fallen asleep and suddenly were woken up by three knocks at the bedroom door(bedroom door decoration). They heard someone climbing down the stairs. They looked at the time; it was mid night 12:00. They smiled at each other knowing it was uncle jack playing a trick on them. They went back to sleep.
- The next morning, when rob went to wake uncle jack the room was empty. It was like no one slept in there. When rob was above to call his mother, the phone rang. It was uncle jack.
- "His car had broken down, he had spent the night in his friend's house." Said rob's mother.
- This time they were not laughing.
Stories about serial killers and sadistic killers have always scared the hell out of us. There are many types of killers' story:
- Victim-centered murder story: story is told in the point of view of the victim.
- Killer-centered murder story: story is told in the point of view of the killer.
- Narration type: story told by another person who is not involved in that story.
Urban legends have become a very scary theme. Because they are told as 'legend has it..' with a modern twist, they are sure to keep us having nightmares forever.
- Some urban legends
- Bloody Mary
- Choking Doberman
- The baby sitter and the man upstairs
- The jersey devil
- Killer in the back seat
- Here is an example of an urban legend called 'the licking human'
- The licking human
- Mrs Patterson was in her early 90s. Mr Patterson had died the year before. She was living with her dog 'shimmy', who was her only companion. Mrs Patterson was very close to her dog. Every morning she and her dog would first go to the church, the grocery store and the super market. shimmy was like family to Mrs Patterson.
- Every night at about 8:00 pm Mrs. Patterson would go to bed. shimmy would lick her legs to show that he was there for her. Whenever Mrs. Patterson felt uncomfortable or uneasy, shimmy would lick her finger to show that he loved her and was there for her.
- But on that day Mrs. Patterson had trouble sleeping. She kept hearing a whimpering sound and she kept waking up. She was worried that something was wrong with shimmy. But every time she held out her hand, shimmy would lick it. She kept hearing a whimpering sound and she kept waking up. And every time shimmy would lick her hand. After some time the whimpering stopped. And she went back to sleep.
- In the morning, when she woke up, shimmy was not there. She searched everywhere. She went to the kitchen, the porch, backyard, he was not there. Worried, she went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. When she opened the door, she let out a scream so loud. shimmy was nailed to the roof on top of the bath tub. Her beloved dog had been murdered. Then she turned to the mirror. She was paralyzed with shock. There was a message in the mirror, written from shimmy's blood "Humans can lick too".